The AGF Tutoring Primer
This 60-minute session is conducted by one of our highly experienced education consultants who offers a general introduction to students and their parents as to the university application processes for UK, US and European universities as well as an overview of AGF Tutoring’s private counselling services. It also gives the family the opportunity to ask preliminary questions and allows us to understand the specific needs and goals of the student and family. After this introductory consultation, we will provide a written proposal and customised plan for the student.
AGF Tutoring ON TAP education consulting service
Our education consultants are available on an hourly basis for consultation and advice on college searches and application processes, including:
- Interpreting college-university statistics
- Applying for Financial Aid in the US as an International Student
- Exploring scholarship opportunities
- SAT, ACT and SAT Subject tests advice and guidance
- Top summer programs-schools in the US, the UK and Europe
- Organising college and university visits
- Bespoke internet research for medicine and law degrees
- The Common Application
- UCAS – Oxbridge applications – Medicine-dentistry applications
- Preparation for the IB Programme
- Oxbridge interview preparation
- Ivy League university interview preparation
Fees: From $100 per hour
Early Bird package
AGF Tutoring’s personalized Early Bird package for sophomores and juniors is directed at those students who wish to prepare early, get ahead of the curve and avoid that last-minute rush in their senior year. Our education consultants are available throughout the year to assist parents and students to consult on the following:
- Create and review high school subject-course plans for the upcoming years.
- Assist students to prepare for the IB programme/16+ entrance examinations, application and interviews
- Analyse and assess students’ current academic, extracurricular and personal records
- Appraise activities over the next three years: investigate and advise on various directions and so begin targeting certain majors at leading universities
- Set plans for upcoming summer: volunteering, internships, summer schools etc.
- Set standardized testing plans for the next years (SAT, ACT, IELTS, TOEFL etc)
- Build a strategically-organized personal resume (activity list)
- Begin developing a list of colleges and universities to research and consider
- Assess possible financial options for universities in various locations.
- Visit key college websites and students’ blogs to gain a sense of various campus cultures.
- Begin to work on essay writing skills. Also begin writing a series of essays that may be used in the application process
- Develop study and organizational skills: filing systems, both digital and paper.
Fees: $500, including 3 one-hour consultations with a senior education consultant as well as a final written proposal and bespoke, personalised plan.
The AGF Tutoring all-in-one package
Our education consultants work as a coordinated team with the student and family to identify a range of viable choices determined by any number of parameters.
After our initial consultation, an in-depth assessment of the student’s academic record will be conducted, as well as an extensive appraisal of all extracurricular activities, academic honours and awards, athletic or other special talents, community service etc. Based on this assessment and college preferences of the parent and student, our team will prepare a proposed list of universities. Additionally, we will organise college-university visits for families as well as provide the necessary resources to assist them. Collectively we will modify and refine the list of possible universities and upon finalisation we will provide the student with a breakdown of the timeline and concomitant requirements for each of the respective colleges/universities on the final list. We will also develop a strategic plan for the standardized tests (PSAT, SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, APs, SAT Subject tests).
Fees: $1000, including 5 one-hour face-to-face consultations with senior education consultants as well as personalised research reports, study programme proposals, and clearly defined timelines.
The AGF Tutoring Bespoke package
This service is directed at students who have confidently arrived at their final list of universities. Our education consultants will provide their expert application guidance and specific essay advice. Further, we will peruse and review all applications, working together to project the student as effectively as possible. As the most highly ranked universities are fiercely competitive, it is crucial that applicants differentiate themselves from all the other applicants who may have equally strong academic records by projecting themselves as effectively as possible via well-written, striking essays. And since the essays are so important, we endeavour to assist the students to be themselves, to allow themselves to shine. More specifically, the application and essay services include: editing of extracurricular activities, perfecting the CV, intensive brainstorming and editing, support for all essays and short answers. We also assist students with the process of requesting the most effective recommendation letters from the most appropriate teachers. Our education consultants will provide students and parents with a customized timelines and reminders to keep them on schedule.
Fees: $2000, including up to 12 one-hour face-to-face consultations with senior education consultants as well as personalised feedback on essays and CVs, personalised schedules and to-do lists.